This year’s National Conference and Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Saturday 12 October at the East Midlands Conference Centre.
Delegates attending previous conferences have consistently asked that there be information and support for a wider number of neuromuscular conditions. So this year, as well as the opportunity to hear the latest research news and the campaign successes there will be workshops covering a variety of neuromuscular conditions.
Each workshop will include a clinician and neuromuscular care advisor:
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy led by Dr Anne-Marie Childs, Sue Manning and Phillippa Farrant
- Becker muscular dystrophy led by Dr Fiona Norwood and supported by Alison Brown
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSH) led by Dr David Hilton-Jones, Edwina Perkins and Libby Wood
- Limb girdle muscular dystrophy led by Dr Debbie Hicks and Andrea Russell
- Myotonic muscular dystrophy led by Libby Wood
- Congenital muscular dystrophy led by Shirley Crosby
- Area for Information, Support and Advocacy
- Transition and independent living for all conditions led by Jane O’Connor
You will have the opportunity to meet Sue Barker MBE, our President along with old and new friends. Creche facilities will be available during the day, providing activities for those up to the age of 16 years, and a variety of information stands for you to visit.
If you’re based in Scotland, our Scottish Conference is being held in Glasgow on Saturday 5 October.