Meeting highlights include:
– Dr. Evelyn Talbott from the University of Pittsburgh will speak about Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) as a component of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and its effects on the cardiovascular system.
– Dr. James Treat, a leading dermatologist who participated in pivotal HS clinical trials, will report on the latest treatment advances.
– Dr. Barry Jacobs, author of The Emotional Survival Guide for Caregivers, will provide concrete tips and advice for patients and their loved ones.
– A Walk-Swim-Scoot-a-Thon for all abled and differently-abled participants will be held to raise funds for research.
– Roundtable Discussions will give patients opportunities to share their experiences and devise advocacy strategies.
– Recognition Dinner to honor R. Vix Kennedy, founder of HS-USA, Inc.
We invite all media, clinicians, patients and supporters to attend this important conference, which promises to offer the best program yet for this young organization,” said Brent Kemmerer, HS-USA Trustee and Conference Host. “We want people to know there is help and support — no one should feel alone with this disease.”
About HS-USA, Inc.
HS-USA is a national non-profit patient support organization dedicated to educating the public and improving the quality of life and medical care for sufferers of Hidradenitis Suppurativa. The group`s goals include generating funds for scientific research to investigate a cure for HS.
P.O. Box 130
Hamburg, MI 48139
More information and registration for the meeting or walkathon, visit www.hs-usa.org.