Join a host of health care professionals and paediatric experts from around the globe as we share, explore and discuss the latest developments in paediatrics and how they can be implemented into your daily life to improve the way you practice.
Now in it’s fourth year, Excellence in Paediatrics provides a dynamic and innovative environment for you to engage with colleagues, and benefit from knowledge sharing over the course of three days. Last year, we received over 1,200 delegates from 77 countries and this year we expect even more.
The conference faculty is being lead by Professor Dimitri A. Christakis, MD, MPH and we have over 25 confirmed speakers. Take a look at the full list here.
We have split the conference agenda into six thematic zones each designed to mix the latest scientific developments with daily clinical practice to ensure that you leave the conference with solutions you can start to implement the very next day.
- HOW TO ZONE – This zone will focus exclusively on practical procedures related to screening, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and the practical use of medical equipment in a office setting
- UPDATE ZONE – THis zone covers important updates for diagnostic procedures or available treatments including radiation risks by mobile phones or CT scans, or extended labels for existing medicines or increasing compliance with pediatric vaccinations
- PROMOTING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES – Much of pediatric practice is devoted to promoting healthy behaviors. We will look at how health care providers can be equipped with the relevant skills to help children make healthy choices that will affect them over the life span
- PUBLIC HEALTH ZONE – How can we best manage seasonal influenza or tuberculosis or malaria or HIV in a developing or developed work? With our interconnectedness making pandemics a real risk we look at what strategies can be used to improve children’s health at a community, country and global level
- INNOVATION ZONE – New developments affecting pediatric practice are not just scientific but technological. Electronic medical records, parent registries, smart phone apps can all have a substantial impact on the practice of pediatrics. This zone looks at how you can leverage these innovations in your work life.
- PERSONAL IMPROVEMENT ZONE – Information sharing and mutual learning is critical for the long-term success of any profession. We will help pediatricians achieve both international outreach and career prosperity by dedicating an entire session to personal improvement through sessions on how to read, write, present and teach pediatric medicine.
To download a programme for the three day conference click here.