3rd Pan-European Conference on Haemglobinopathies and Rare Anaemias, 25-26 October 2012, Cyprus
EPHA member the Thalassaemia International Federation has announced the organisation of the 3rd Pan-European Conference entitled ‘Haemglobinopathies and Rare Anaemias: Towards the Future’. The event will be held under the auspices of the Cyprus Presidency and in close collaboration with the Cyprus Ministry of Health.
The conference, which will take place at Limassol, Cyprus on 25 – 26 October, 2012 and is aimed at Patients and Patient Organisations, Healthcare professionals, Academics, Policy-makers at national, regional and EU level and Industry representatives. It aims to gather stakeholders from all 27 European Member States in order to order to action to tackle the growing public health burden of chronic and rare diseases in Europe.
The aims of the conference are as follows:
– Set the scene for the implementation of national prevention and management programmes in all EU Member States
– Address the issue of health inequalities across the EU
– Motivate patients to claim their rights for access to quality healthcare
– Stress the benefits of multidisciplinary care
– Promote active and healthy ageing
– Convey information regarding cardiac, endocrine and liver complications
– Explore the new advancements in the care and cure of haemoglobin disorders and rare anaemias
– Debate on methods of best practice
– Emphasize the importance of patient-centred healthcare systems
– Discuss EU health policies, directives, strategies, programmes as they relate to chronic and rare diseases
Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF)